Who can benefit from this program?
We offer specialised Orthopaedic Rehabilitation programs for both inpatients and outpatients following:
- Orthopaedic surgery Hip / Knee / Shoulder joint replacement or repair
- Spinal Surgery
- Recent injury or accident
- Fracture or trauma
- Back Pain
- Limitations in mobility (arthritis)
- Acute phase of musculoskeletal disease
Our multi-disciplinary team works closely under the direction of the Rehabilitation Specialist, in collaboration with the patient, their GP and other Specialists to achieve an integrated treatment regime. Helping patients regain their independence and resume their day to day life.
This program may include:
- Small Group sessions or 1:1 Physiotherapy / Exercise Physiology with graded activity aimed at progressively increasing muscle strength, joint range, body balance, posture, endurance and flexibility.
- Hydrotherapy in a beautiful heated pool
- Occupational Therapy focusing on retraining safe self-care techniques, organising equipment and ensuring safe home set up for discharge
- Social Work as needed to organise services for discharge
- Successful return to work, home and recreational activities
- Dietetics involving education about healthy eating
- Pain management addressed and information about medication management.
Members of our experienced multidisciplinary team may include the following health professionals:
- Rehabilitation Physicians
- Rehabilitation Nurse Co-ordinator
- Rehabilitation Nurses
- Exercise Physiologists
- Occupational Therapists
- Social Workers
- Clinical Pharmacists